The Feathered Serpent - Edgar Wallace

Published by Hodder & Stoughton: London. First published 1932.

A mysterious drawing of a feathered serpent. Murder. Intrigue. An intrepid reporter on the case. From a very successful writer of his day!

This has all the hallmarks of a classic thriller, but - and here I must pull back the curtain a little - I honestly don't remember the story! Some of these reviews were written a while after the fact, as I set up my blog at the start of 2020 rather than 2019, and wanted to reflect on my previous year's reading. And yet, for the rest of what I read in 2019 I can remember the stories, either immediately or after jogging my memory from rereading various synopses.

This one, however, has slipped out entirely. I have the most vague recollections of the story, and recognised some of the beats when I looked them up, but the book was not that memorable to me!

So, take from that what you will.

I will simple say, it didn't grip me (obviously) and leave it at that.

Completed 30 November 2019.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Picture Books

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

In a Free State - VS Naipaul