The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse - Charlie Mackesy

Published by Ebury Publishing: England, 2019.

This odd little book has had a short film adaptation made of it that yesterday won an Oscar! I had heard of it, but only read it because a student left a copy on my desk. It didn't take very long to read as most pages have very little text. It also has no page numbers and little punctuation, so I've kept that element in my quotes. 

Really, there is very little to this book other than cute drawings and fairly twee life lessons. ""What do you think is the biggest waste of time?" "Comparing yourself to others," said the mole"" It definitely is cute, and there is a nice through-message about accepting one another and friendship that could be helpful for parents reading to their children. 

There are also some fun jokes... 

"I got you a delicious cake," said the mole
"Did you?"
"Yes"
"Where is it?"
"I ate it," said the mole
"Oh"
"But I got you another"
"Did you?"
"Where is that one?"
"The same thing seems to have happened"

A fun, sweet and - yes - cute book. A bit sugary at times, but check it out.

Completed 10 March 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Picture Books

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

In a Free State - VS Naipaul